School Storage Cart
I’m baaaaack! I have been working hard to figure out a good life/work/school/blog balance and I am getting there. I still haven’t had time to edit all of our wine country photos so that post is on the back burner for now.
Instead, I am so excited to tell you that I figured out a storage solution for all of my (many) school supplies. I had no idea that I was going to be receiving so many supplies as a part of my program. Since I didn’t want to be taking trips out to the garage for all of my everyday stuff, I needed to figure out a way/place to keep the supplies in the apartment. Easier said than done!
I pondered the predicament for a couple weeks, bummed that the only option seemed to be cramming another bookshelf into the apartment (and trust me- there is no convenient place for another one!). I was (trying) to catch up on reading blogs on Friday when I came across Cathy’s post at Adore Your Place that featured Ikea’s Raskog Kitchen Cart. I have been in love with this adorable turquoise cart since the day they came out with it but never had a need for it. But once I saw the cart, I knew it was the perfect solution for my storage problem. I decided to move the empty guitar case next to the fridge to the garage and place the cart ($49.99) in it’s place. Not only is it small and tucked away, but it is portable and I can roll it out if I am working on a project!
As you recall, storage for my school stuff was one of my apartment resolutions for the new year! We can scratch one off the list!
1. KITCHEN LOVE – Since we didn’t quite get to this in 2012, I would love to get our kitchen project underway early this year!
2. ORGANIZE, ORGANIZE, ORGANIZE! – We need to do this every year! We got a bunch of Christmas gifts (books, DVDs, etc.) and have no where to put them so we need to do some spring cleaning to make room.
3. STORAGE SOLUTIONS – Now that Walker and I have lived together for over a year, we have slowly filled up all of our current storage. Aside from putting everything in the garage, we need to come up with some new ways to add storage (especially for books, DVDs, CDs, and school supplies!).
4. NEW COFFEE TABLE AND RUG – Our current coffee table is hanging on by a thread! We absolutely need to save up and replace it. We would also love to get a new, upgraded rug for underneath… class up our living room a little! :)
5. SCHOOL WORKSPACE – I love our writing desks but I am going to be doing a lot of drafting and projects that take up much more space/storage for school. We need to figure out a way to make a little more space for doing schoolwork, which is going to be really tough!
As for the extra books, DVDs, and CDs, we decided that we will have to weed out some of the old stuff and put it into the garage to make room for the new stuff. We simply don’t have enough room for everything. However, the garage is just out back so none of our stuff will be too far away! I am just happy that I figured out an easy, cute (and portable) way to store my school supplies close by. :)