Dear Pinterest, Let’s Be Friends Again! Love, Erika

I don’t usually like to air my dirty laundry here on the blog but I will make an exception for today. Early this spring, Pinterest and I had a sad but necessary break up (it got ugly… there may have been tears).  Why?  Because I was spending all of my free time obsessing over it and I wasn’t getting anything done.

Now that I got my life back under control, I think it is time to try things again… but as friends this time.  We need a healthier, more balanced relationship. I was jealous of everyone’s Pinterest Challenge posts today so I’d like to get back on the bandwagon for next season. :)

So to kick things off, I went on a pinning rampage this morning so all of my boards are up to date with my blog content. If you like what you see here on the blog, please follow us on Pinterest as well:

And while I’m begging for friends, you can find all of our social media links on the top of the side bar.  If you enjoy reading, pleas like Our Cozy Cubbyhole on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, check out our Etsy shop (which is fairly bare at the moment but I will get some things back in there!), or follow us on BlogLovin’!  We love you all! :)

12 Responses to "Dear Pinterest, Let’s Be Friends Again! Love, Erika"

July 10, 2012 at 9:36 am

Pinterest and I broke up awhile ago too – maybe i’ll get back into it again soon. :)
    Following you on BlogLovin’ now and I liked you on Facebook. :)

July 10, 2012 at 9:42 am

Haha I hear you… I am wondering how long this “friendship” with Pinterest will last this time around!

Thanks Melanieeeee! I already do the same for you! :) yay!

July 10, 2012 at 9:47 am

Goodness gracious, I have a relationship with Pinterest that could be described as “Co-dependancy as an addiction” (which happens to be a title of a course at work, haha).

July 10, 2012 at 11:30 am

Hahaha amazing. I was in the same boat for a while so here’s hoping I can change the dynamic this time around! :)

3. Ash @ HumberHomeProject

July 10, 2012 at 1:26 pm

I could never break up with Pinterest. I’m like a needy teenaged girlfriend. ;)

I do, however, choose to neglect some boards when things get a little out of control. Like the wedding stuff… oh em gee. I had to cut myself off from that because I was obsessing and kept changing what I wanted – which was fine a year ago, but not much can be changed now ;)

You are now liked, followed, and social-media stalked in all the right places. haha

July 10, 2012 at 7:41 pm

I hear you… part of the reason I ended things with Pinterest in the first place was because I was following too many boards that I didn’t even like. It was driving me insane…

So a part of the new friendship included me unfollowing boards I hated. :)

Thank you for stalking me in all of the right places! I have done the same for you! ;)

4. Maria @ All Things Luxurious

July 10, 2012 at 3:11 pm

All “Liked” and “Followed” up! :-) <3

July 10, 2012 at 7:44 pm

Thanks Maria! Followed/liked you as well!!! :) xoxo

5. michelle@decorandthedog

July 10, 2012 at 4:37 pm

I broke up with Pinterest for awhile too. The break-up came after it started seeing too many people….like people from my real life. I liked when it was only cool for bloggers.

But now I’m back….with a vengeance.

July 10, 2012 at 7:50 pm

Hahahaha I know, right!? One of the requirements of joining again was to unfollow a ton of people and boards that made me cringe.

And since you are back, I have followed you on Pinterest. I am expecting great things ;)

6. Amanda

July 13, 2012 at 6:01 pm

I am a bit of a Pinterest junkie too–can’t wait to follow you! You have great taste. :)

July 13, 2012 at 6:46 pm

Why thank you!! As do you so I will absolutely be following you back :)