Etsy Project Update!

Some of you may be wondering why the number of posts about DIY projects has gone down in the past few months.  Well, you are about to see what has taken up all of my remaining time and energy on work nights and weekends: Etsy projects.

Sure, I love doing them but I love the blog more.  I was feeling a little stretched for time so decided a couple weeks ago to stop taking string art orders and go on a bit of an Etsy hiatus until life gets a little less busy.  I am just finishing up the remaining couple of orders this week but I thought I would at least share my hard work with you.

I know I make money off of Etsy but I get much more joy out of the blog and working on projects for our home and for friends & family.  Perhaps in the fall I will be able to find some time to take custom string art orders again.  Until then, you can always check out my DIY tutorial and make one yourself! :)

I made these for a coworker as a gift for her friend's bridal shower. He is from Oregon and she is from CA. The best part is that they were used as table decorations at the shower since they were the wedding colors!

San Diego, California

Dornod, Mongolia

San Miguel, El Salvador & the Bay Area, California

Cayman Islands

This one was made for a customer for a customer's best friend's wedding. The celebration was a destination wedding in Oliveto Lucano, Italy. Can I come too!?

This one was made for a woman to give to her best friends, who were adopting a boy from Ethiopia (thus the pastel blue)! How adorable is that?! I really enjoyed making this one, thinking of the little boy looking at it when he is older. :)

So, you can tell I have been a busy bee. Only two to go but they are very similar to ones you have seen so I won’t torture you with any more string art for a while. Now I just need to figure out how to spend my newly-free time. Oh, who am I kidding… my plate is so full that I will probably STILL be stretched for time.  Oh well.  I love being busy! :)

8 Responses to "Etsy Project Update!"

1. Lisha @ 1house1couple

June 7, 2012 at 9:19 pm

Those are so cool. You are very creative Erika. Where did you get that idea? I love the Italy, Cayman Islands, and Africa ones, and also the California ones (since I’m a cali girl).

Hope you’ll feel more free with your time now :)

~Lisha

June 26, 2012 at 9:04 am

Thanks Lisha! Someone in my family did one back in the 70’s of an animal I think and it was hanging at our family camp. I had seen a bunch of home-state type art on Pinterest and decided to do one in the shape of California for our wall. When it came out well, I decided to start making them for other people.

• Stacy

July 1, 2013 at 9:04 am

It was an Owl right? I wonder what happened to it!! Also, this runs in the family- when your dad and mom lived out there- they gave my dad a huge (4ft sq) clock that was string art- black velvet background with copper wire. I loved that clock!

Saw your Mom this weekend and she mentioned your string art- love it!

July 1, 2013 at 9:57 am

Hi Stacy!! Yes, it was an owl! That is so funny! And that clock sounds awesome!

Glad you like the string art! Miss you so much!! Xoxo

2. OneGr8Jew

June 25, 2012 at 11:27 pm

I hear she is working on a special one for these guys in Nevada next!

June 26, 2012 at 9:05 am

Hello Zacharyyyy! As soon as the traveling ceases, I will make you one! It will be epic. :)

• OneGr8Jew

June 27, 2012 at 7:06 pm

Boom!

3. Pingback: Reclaimed Wood String Art: The finishing touches on our dining room | Dress This Nest