Let There Be (Outdoor) Light!

Ready to hear one of the ridiculous things that I got super excited about this past weekend?  An outdoor power outlet. Wooo!!  Yes, I jumped with joy for a plug.  It’s the little things…

You may think it is silly but I have lived in my apartment for almost 3 years and have never been able to have outdoor lighting beyond the ineffective sconce next to the door. So Walker and I celebrated by hanging some retro-looking string lights over the table.  And then we enjoyed being able to see each other’s faces while we indulged in some Saturday night cocktails! :)Oh, and sorry for the excessive number of pictures but:
1. I’m excited
2. This quickly became a practice session on how to take pictures at night! Photo op!

10 Responses to "Let There Be (Outdoor) Light!"

1. Melanie@MailboxJourney

May 16, 2012 at 8:38 am

The lighting is gorgeous!

May 16, 2012 at 2:57 pm

Thank you!! :)

2. Cindy P

May 16, 2012 at 9:24 am

Awesome! The lights look great!

May 16, 2012 at 2:57 pm

Thank you Cindy! :)

3. Ash @ HumberHomeProject

May 16, 2012 at 3:27 pm

LOVE! Whenever I see pictures of patios like this I get all kinds of giddy – and jealous! :)

Those lights are great! I used a colored version for a Luau party one summer – they give off such a nice glow.

May 17, 2012 at 3:16 pm

Haha thanks. Ooh that sounds pretty! I love colored lights :)

4. Ashley@AttemptsAtDomestication

May 17, 2012 at 11:44 am

Love those lights! Where did you get them? I’ve been wanting some cafe lights for our patio too!

May 17, 2012 at 3:18 pm

Thanks! We got them at Home Depot. $19 for a 25 foot strand. They had cheaper/shorter ones too. :)

5. Lisha @ 1house1couple

May 19, 2012 at 10:29 pm

Your night pictures came out so good, and I don’t think you overdid it! I wouldn’t mind even seeing more because those photos you took are very cool :)

And I totally understand being excited about something like an outdoor electrical outlet. Our big deck on the side of our house did not have an electrical outlet or any form of light (besides the moon!). It would be a perfect place to hang out at night, but it was too dark. If we ever did hang out there at night, we had to bring an indoor standing lamp outside and take out the screen of one of the windows and plug it in inside. So lame! So yes, outdoor electrical outlets rock! ;)

~Lisha

May 22, 2012 at 8:28 am

Thanks Lisha! :) Hahaha that’s so funny! I can only imagine how many nights you decided it was way to much work! Did you eventually install an outlet?