You Make Me Happy When Skies Are Grey

This Saturday I have big plans to spend some time giving the edges of our bathroom walls a little paint TLC while Walker helps a friend move (I know, I know… about time already!). But in the meantime, adding the Beatles art has really made me feel better about the room’s progress. I have had another art idea for a while now and could finally make it a reality now that we have our paint color on the walls.I love this song… my mom used to sing it to me every night before bed. :)

It seems like a perfect expression to brighten our grey bathroom! And it only costs $1.40 to print on card stock at Kinko’s.  We are going to get a white frame with a white mat (Ikea, here I come!) and hang it in the open space above the new towel bar.  After this weekend’s paint clean up and towel hunt, I promise to post some “after” pictures of the bathroom, including the framed print on this post.

Lastly, because I love you all so much, click here to download the PDF of this print so you can enjoy it as well!  WOOO FREEBIE!! :)

P.S. To those of you who wish this was spelled “gray,” too bad. I like the -ey spelling better. And it’s free so you can’t complain too much! ;)

P.P.S. I am hanging out with a bunch of ladies at a tea party hosted by Louise at Laid Off Mom today.  Go check it out and you will see my favorite tea cup that once belonged to my grandparents! :)

14 Responses to "You Make Me Happy When Skies Are Grey"

1. Steph

May 11, 2012 at 9:44 am

I love it! You’re apartment seems so put together. I wish my house was like this! We STILL don’t have a new coat of paint in our living room from when we moved in 2.5 years ago!

May 11, 2012 at 10:41 am

Haha “seems” is the key word in that sentence. I am always working on projects for it, yes. But that also means that it is usually a mess! Ask Walker… the poor man has to live amongst “projects” all the time! :)

May 11, 2012 at 10:42 am

And by the way, the bathroom is getting its first coat of paint and I’ve lived here 3 years so you are still winning by half a year ;)

Love youuuu!

2. Melanie @ Mailbox Journey

May 11, 2012 at 12:11 pm

Love that print.

May 11, 2012 at 12:18 pm

Thanks Melanie!

3. Ash @ HumberHomeProject

May 11, 2012 at 4:22 pm

I ADORE this! Oh my gosh. Seriously.
    Bob and I sing this song in ultra-obnoxious voices to each other on a daily basis.
    I need to figure out somewhere to put this in the new house! :)

Definitely is perfect for your bathroom – I can’t wait until it’s all finished! Did you figure out the shower curtain yet (I might have missed it somewhere)?

May 11, 2012 at 9:30 pm

Yay!! Haha that is so hilarious… you guys sound like us. Singing in obnoxious voices is one of our favorite pastimes! I will definitely hold onto the original Photoshop file so let me know if you want me to make it different colors for your new house! I would be happy to :)

No decision on the shower curtain yet! But we are finishing up some odds and ends in the bathroom this weekend so that is the next on the list.

4. Lisha @ 1house1couple

May 19, 2012 at 10:30 pm

I think it’s so weird that there are two spellings for the word grey. Why can’t we have more than one spelling for other words that are even harder to spell? lol! And I do prefer the gray spelling, but I really don’t care that much. I really like your print! :)

So cute

~Lisha

May 22, 2012 at 8:29 am

I know, right? So bizarre! Thanks :)

• Vicki

June 5, 2012 at 6:40 am

Grey with an E is how we spell it in Australia, always thought gray with an A was strange!

June 5, 2012 at 12:03 pm

Haha well I’m with you! I much prefer it with an E.

5. Vicki

June 5, 2012 at 6:38 am

Thanks for the freebie! I’ve been singing this song to my daughter since the day she was born….this will be great to put in our home!

June 5, 2012 at 12:02 pm

Hi Vicki and you are so welcome! That’s so great! My mom used to sing it to me every night before bed also so the song is very close to my heart. :)

June 5, 2012 at 12:04 pm

P.S. Let me know if you’d like custom colors for the print. I would be happy to send you something custom :)