Au Revior Rise and Shine
You know when you plan to knock out a really simple easy project in a few minutes and everything goes horribly wrong? That happened to our poor bedroom curtains last weekend. I have been meaning to fix the curtains ever since we moved the bed up against the window but haven’t gotten around to it (see how they are stuck behind the bed frame in the picture below?). Finally after Walker was unable to sleep in on a Saturday because of the bright sun, I decided it was time to take care of business so we could actually close them. Easy in theory, right?
I took down the curtain rod and old brackets. No problem. I used the stud finder to make sure that the brackets were placed higher up toward the ceiling on the same studs. Simple and uncomplicated. I went to drill new holes for the brackets… and FAIL. My sad little turquoise drill finally decided its life was over. My dad was sweet enough to give me that little drill when I moved out on my own and it has been so good to me over the years. But it has been slowly dying and finally called it quits. Needless to say, I didn’t get a chance to go to the hardware store to buy a new drill all last week so we have been without curtains going on 11 days now (don’t get too excited peeping toms… we have blinds)!
I bought a new drill on Sunday’s Home Depot trip and came home ready to put the curtains back up… until I remembered I had to charge the drill overnight first. Ugh. Monday and Tuesday flew by and now (after long last), I managed to get those dang brackets back into the wall! After that, I used iron-on hem tape to get the curtains to sit just above the headboard so we can open and close them to our heart’s content. I love the way the higher curtains make the room seem so much taller! We are talking about getting new curtains eventually but I am just happy to finally have SOMETHING back on the wall. Plus, we already have an idea for the white space above the window! Bring on the sun, Saturday morning… see you at noon! :)